For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

County Fair

JewelsCat22

Our county fair is about to start here in Denver.  Do you go to your local county or state fair?  If so, what are your favorite things to do there?

Our county fair usually hosts a TICA (The International Cat Association) cat show.  I really enjoy going to those.  I've been to several TICA shows, even though I am neither a breeder nor a participant.  I have met several kind breeders there from all over the country.  I've even connected with one of them on Facebook.  I enjoy visiting with them when they come to town for a show.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I love going to the fair and eating all the great food.  I live in the South where it's perfectly okay to fry everything, but there are some foods that are more common at the fair.  Well, nothing beats a deep-fried cheeseburger coupled with deep-fried Coke for dessert.  I like looking around at  the quilt shows and, of course, the rides are a big draw, but nothing beats mile-high mounds of cotton candy and deep-fried food.  

@SableC., I love funnel cakes!  A friend of mine said she ate a fried Snickers at the fair last year.  That just didn't sound good to me, but she said it was delicious.  I've also heard they fry Twinkies.  Have you tried them?  

I miss my county fair in Indiana where I grew up.  I grew up in a small town, and going to the fair was fun because you always got to see people you hadn't seen in a while. 

• 8 months later...

When I was in elementary school, I would go to the fair with a friend's family. We got to see a couple of shows. One year, it was Bill Cosby (yikes!) and another year it was the Beach Boys. The Beach Boys concert was the first time I saw a crowd waving lighters in the air. It confused me then, but now I look back and I'm glad I went.

Edited by Nickel