For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

When someone says they can't afford to

SummerJ

eat healthy, what do you think?  Do you think they are just being lazy? Do you cook healthy? I know I tend to eat healthy.  I don't like the way I feel when I don't. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't say that I think people are lazy when they say they can't afford to eat healthy, I just think that most people don't realize how easy it is to cook fresh, nutritious meals because we live in a society that values time over health.  We're a couple generations into a society where fast food and prepared meals are common.  With all the extra salt, fat and chemicals in food items these days any cost savings that may be found in the initial purchase of prepared meals is more than made up for by medical issues caused by obesity, diabetes and the like. 

• Like 1

I don't think they're lazy, I just think that they think it's very hard to eat healthily.  They're just misinformed and I think everyone would love to eat healthily once they realize it's very easy. I personally try to eat healthily and I have been for several years, thanks to my mother of course, lol.

I think it's more of a question location and knowledge than laziness. Some people live in a food desert, where the only nearby option is gas station junk food. In other areas, individuals may simply not know how and where to purchase healthy foods. For example, in my location, I can buy a pack of tuna for less than one dollar; however, if someone didn't know the nutritional value of tuna or didn't know what to look for, they may miss out on that opportunity. Although some people may be lazy, I think it is a factor of location and knowledge for most. 

• Like 1

Eating healthy isn't actually that expensive money-wise. However, it can be very expensive time-wise. Eating healthy is mostly based on the fact to not eat processed food, in other words, you have to process (cook) the food yourself. And if you're not a master chef, this can be very time-consuming, and sometimes very stressful to fit around your work schedule.

What are the things you avoid to cut down on cost to eat clean? I thought I would comment on my personal creative options while I eat clean! The following are just tips, but I would love to read your responses as to what tricks you use.

1. Avoid the "Super-food" trend.

The perception that in order to maintain a clean "diet", one must consume marketed super-foods such as chia seeds, is  baboozling! 

2. Say no to packaged and pre-made. Example: Jewels 3 for $12 fruit bowls.  

3. Buy in bilk/ in-season produce. This conscious choice saves money.

• 4 months later...
On 8/10/2018 at 3:35 AM, livi031197 said:

I think it's more of a question location and knowledge than laziness. Some people live in a food desert, where the only nearby option is gas station junk food. In other areas, individuals may simply not know how and where to purchase healthy foods. For example, in my location, I can buy a pack of tuna for less than one dollar; however, if someone didn't know the nutritional value of tuna or didn't know what to look for, they may miss out on that opportunity. Although some people may be lazy, I think it is a factor of location and knowledge for most. 

Of course, what we eat depends on where we live. The fish is much more expensive in my country than in yours.

But I guess that it’s not just the question of location, and the knowledge can be different. For instance, my granny is sure that soup is the best food for health and that it’s not ok to drink water when you get up. It is based on her knowledge.