For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Believe in yourself

Daviiid_

It's already two years ago that I decided to lose weight. After years of unhealthy and excessive consumption, something that's undeniably stimulated by a society in which a burger is three times cheaper than a salad, I decided it had been enough. I don't want to dodge responsibility for my own behavior during the period in my life that I was overweight, because although savvy corporations might make overconsumption very attractive, as an individual I still had the ability to say no. Initially I failed in doing so, but I learned that every day, with every action that you take, you get a new chance. It's never too late to change your behavior, it's never too late to say no. I don't think anyone should have to lose weight and conform to the unrealistic norms of our society, but I know there are many people out there that are unhappy and want to change, yet lack the belief that they ever can. To these people I wish to say: you are still in control. It will be hard and it will take time, but if you want, you can start this process right now. Never abandon this belief, because it's the fundament of all meaningful change.

• 3 weeks later...

I entirely agree with you. Every day is a new day and a chance to do something new and different. With each new change you can build an arsenal of weaponry to win the battle of the bulge. I once weighed 300 pounds and I tried and failed every day for years. Ultimately, I developed stomach problems that led to me having to have an operation where most of my stomach had to be removed. It was like a gastric bypass plus and I lost down to 98 pounds, but it was not the surgery alone that led to my weight loss because I still wanted to eat every time I was happy, mad or sad and my go to was always fast food. I had to learn a whole new way of eating and thinking. When you haven't got much knowledge of how your body works and what it truly needs to stay fit, strong and produce energy its a guessing game as to what to eat. Those are the first things you have to learn so that you can make good choices. Then you have to learn to get out of your head and not eat your emotions. Ask yourself if you are really hungry or if your  Head Eating? Once you know these things you have the tools to win, but above all you have to believe in yourself and know that each day is a clean slate and even if you falter today all you have to do is forgive yourself for that and reinstate your belief in yourself. When I want to eat something I know I shouldn't I like to repeat this saying: NOTHING TASTE AS GOOD AS GOOD AS HEALTHY LOOKS AND FEELS!  Forgiveness is also key. We are all going to fail from time to time. If you don't forgive yourself you will lose that belief in yourself that lets you see that tomorrow is a new day.