For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Early Bird or Night Owl?

JewelsCat22

Are you an early bird or a night owl?

Personally, I'm a night owl.  I have been since the time I was a teenager.  I've always functioned best at night.  As a freelance writer, I feel fortunate that I can write from home at night when I do my best work.  There are also fewer distractions at night, which is helpful for concentrating. 

• Haha 1

I spent most of the years of my life waking up early for school and work, but I didn't enjoy any of it. As I do more night shifts for work, I find it harder to wake up than to go to sleep. That's how I become a natural night owl. :D 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I can be both, but I can easily stay awake until dawn rather than sleeping early at night then waking up at dawn. I am like both of you because it is easier for me to think when there is no background noise.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer staying up until 4 a.m. to getting up at 4 a.m. When I have to be up extra early, I love watching the sunrise and the shops getting ready for the day.

I wish I could be something in between a night owl and early bird!

• 2 months later...

I've always been a night owl. When I was a teenager, I would often stay up until 5 a.m. and have my mother desperately trying to wake me up for school at 7 a.m.! Looking back, I'm not sure how I functioned on so little sleep. No matter how early I woke up in the morning, I just couldn't get to sleep at a "reasonable" time.

Now that I'm older and have two small children, I have no choice but to rise in the morning. Even though I get up early with two small children every day, I still go to bed quite late, as it's the only time I have to get anything done! I guess my habits have stayed the same after all these years.