For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Love isn't a fairytale

SommerMadness

Ever since I was 13 years old and I realized that love is no fairy tale. People like to believe the fairy tale especially women. You think you're going to meet the nice guy or girl and everything's going to be alright will it real world it doesn't work that way. That's probably why I didn't have a high school sweetheart or anything like that. I didn't want to my heart to be broken. I saw too many people that get their heart broken. I was 13 when I figured this out. How old were you when you figure this out? 

• 8 months later...

In order for love not to be a fairytale, you need to be an optimist. The optimists of this world believe that love heals all wounds. Pessimistic people just are complacent with whatever dysfunctional relationships they could latch on to. If you are a optimistic person, you never thought love was a fairytale because you always "lived in the moment"; believing in the attainable.

• 3 weeks later...

I am at that philosophical age where I let my mind wander to topics like this. I have asked myself many times, "What exactly is "true love?" I'm not quite sure it actually exists, well at least not the happily ever-after kind. I have fallen in love before and it was everything the books and movies and songs describe. My mistake though, was only paying attention to the songs of love and happiness and not the songs of heartbreak. That's the thing, love is both equally beautiful and tragic. It's exciting and wonderful when you and your partner are on the same page but what happens when their feelings change? What happens when one of you wants children and the other doesn't? What if you do find the love of your life but it doesn't work out? That brings up the age old question, "Is it better to have loved and lost or to never have loved at all?" 

My first love broke my heart when I was 16. He was charming, handsome, strong and tall. He was everything a girl wanted in a boyfriend. And he picked me. I was walking on a cloud. Our first kiss was in a park covered in a fresh dusting of snow. How could I not be swept away? Then one day it happened. The guy that I placed on a pedestal, became the guy that broke my heart. I survived, but sometimes I still think about my fairy tale boyfriend. I agree that life isn’t a fairytale. But when you’re 16 and in love, for that brief moment in time, it is.

• 1 month later...

Love is indeed a fairytale...  if you can believe that each of us deserves to be loved for who we are and settles for nothing less than a life partner who believes he or she has found his or her other half.  

I still want to believe in the fairy tale. 

I love the idea of being swept off my feet by someone who is wonderful, kind and amazing. A slight accent wouldn't hurt either. Hollywood doesn't help with this at all; almost all the romantic comedies are about the perfect cute couple and the woman being suddenly swept away by a strong, confident man. Nothing at all like reality. 

However, I was (and still am) also very practical. I didn't have anyone in high school because I knew I wasn't ready for marriage yet. I still don't have anyone actually; I suppose that's why I want to keep believing in the fairy tale. 

• 1 month later...

I think love is a fairytale if you make it one. 

If you want to recieve love and romance you have to start by giving it out. It´s up to you to make every moment magical.
If you don´t do it, how can you expect your partner to do it?

I actually think that traditional marriage vows ("...to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.") perfectly illustrates what love is about. It's simply about being there for the person you care for no matter what. Love isn't perfect because people aren't perfect, and it's in those imperfections that I truly believe love is at its most beautiful. If love and life were as perfect as a fairy tale, it wouldn't really be interesting.