For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Kids and their darn phones!

Fishound

Being the age 24 I come from the generation that is very familiar with older generations huffing and puffing when they see us on our phones. I get it, I honestly do. There is some honest truth to kids staring at their phones at the dinner table instead of conversing with the family and friends around them. Though, lately in my college years I often sit outside my class waiting for the professor to show up and unlock the door. Many kids show up to class early and while we wait we jump on our phones. Still, countless teachers go by giving this classic remark about us all being on our phones. I often feel like they think most of us are monitoring the amount of likes we have, adding filters to our selfies, or looking at our pictures of food on Instagram. While this may be true for some, most of us are reading news articles, checking home work assignments, or catching up on some reading for our next class. It seems just the mere fact of it being a phone is what ticks people off. I often read news articles on my phone. If I had a newspaper in my hand would you be saying "Oh, you darn kids and your newspapers!" -- I don't think so. I feel most of the older generations are not versed well in technology and do not understand that phones are practically a better way to accomplish most daily tasks. I do understand their perspective though. Heck, when I am older I may very well be walking around saying "Oh, you darn kids and your VR headsets!"

Moral of the story: Just because you see a younger person on their phone, does not necessarily mean they are getting their fix of social media dopamine.