For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Is cable dead?

Fishound

Now I may be beating a dead horse here, but I think it's worth a serious discussion. Is cable television pretty much dead? The Internet has far richer and more vast in content. When ever I visit my parents and they are watching television it is always the same channel or the news. The only reason they even watch this on cable is because they don't realize you can get the same exact thing on the web, and then some. I feel the younger generations won't even bother with cable. My cousin the other day was talking about how he called to cancel his cable service and they so desperately kept offering him lower and lower prices to the point where he told them that even if they offered him $5 a month, he wouldn't take it. I tried to convince my parents to cut cable, but they claimed the discount they get for the Internet is because they have a certain cable plan. The cable companies seem to understand that the one service they have virtually makes their other service useless. Overall, I think the Internet is going to replace cable in a similar way that mobile replaced landline.

Do you still use cable? If so, why?