For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Dear Hollywood, what is going on?!

Fishound

Is it just me, or have movies and TV shows been very dry lately? The only content that has been doing a decent job is Netflix. I can't remember the last time my girlfriend and I have been eager to actually go to the theater and watch a movie. So far there has been nothing but superhero movies, revamped classics, and movies that pretty much have a couple good moments (Which are shown in the trailers) and then dull and dry the rest of the way through. Some movies even seem to think if they just spend their entire budget on a few good CGI scenes that the viewers will just ignore the fact that there is no story or plot. I feel like this decline has been largely due to the writers strike 10 years back. Yeah, you remember that? Though the strike has largely been resolved since 2008, I can't help but feel this created a strong disruption in the flow of good content. Only lately (As of 2018) have I been seeing a small glimmering of hope that there may be a turn around. Oh, and is it just me, or do some scenes literally seem as if they were designed to be put in the trailer rather than add to the quality of the movie? Yeah, I'm looking at you "Suicide Squad"