For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How To Overcome Panic Attacks

phantom7

It was in 2015 when I experienced the very bad situation of losing a loved one. My first reaction was confusion, followed by denial. The next thing I realized was that I had developed high blood pressure at just 25 years of age because of the trauma I felt after losing my mother.

Then came the panic attacks! It was roughly two months after the bad day that I started fearing almost everything, including my own shadow. By that time panic attacks had found their way into my once normal life; I could no longer move from home or go more than ten kilometers from my doctor, who I saw as my savior.

To cut the long story short, I had a very hard time due to panic attacks. So, what remedy or solution would you suggest for effectively removing panic attacks?

• 1 month later...

I personally have an anxiety disorder. And I know what it is like to have an anxiety attack all of a sudden. It is scary, but if you just think about what is happening and try to calm yourself by breathing deep and evenly, then the attack will pass quicker than if you continue to stress over it. I have a medicine that I take for anxiety and so far, since I've been on it, I haven't had any recent attacks.

I think the best solution for eliminating panic attacks is spending time differently like before, finding new activities to do that would definitely make you forget everything, make you childish.

I will also suggest small ideas to you.

When you find your self in such situation, is good that you first see your doctor for medication and always make sure that you take it the right way your doctor instructed you.

Always try your best to sit in public so that you may not feel lonely or be thinking any how and even when you are left alone, just sleep.

Try to be sleeping with someone in your room for the time that you are in that situation.

Also, try to entertain your self by listening to music or comedy.

A person experiences panic attacks due to many reasons. The most common reason for experiencing panic attacks is when a person goes through some kind of a mental trauma or shock and is unable to cope with it. Even if we feel that we have overcome a shock or a trauma that has happened in our life, our subconscious mind never lets you forget it. Sometimes all of a sudden we remember that untoward event and our subconscious mind starts reacting to it and we do remember it again and again. this can be the main reason for a person experiencing a panic attack.

I think the best way to come out of recurring panic attacks will be to try and learn to control our subconscious mind. One can be able to control his mind by practicing any kind of meditation or Yoga. The more you develop the habit of meditation the more you will be able to reduce the intensity of the panic attacks that you experience.

• 1 month later...

I would recommend multiple solutions to your problem. First, when you feel a panic attack coming on, focus on your breathing. Take deep breaths, holding them in and counting to three before releasing. This helps slow your heart rate (decreasing the physical feeling of panic) and gives your mind something to focus on (rather than the panic-inducing thoughts). Repeat to yourself that "this too shall pass." You've lived long enough to know that a panic attack is a temporary state of being, and that no matter how long it feels like it is going to last, it will eventually be over. Also, try cutting down on your caffeine and alcohol intake. You will be able to get over this.

I can relate to what you're going through, losing a loved one is quite a traumatic event, and the symptoms that come with it are somewhat traumatizing as well. What helps me when I feel a panic attack coming on is going somewhere that's dark and where I can be alone - at home, this can be a corner of a room, or in public, it could be a bathroom stall. Take three deep breaths, then count to ten. Repeat this until you have a rhythm going (doing something rhythmically is actually proven to have calming effects). Make sure you're not dehydrated, and wash your face with cold water as much as needed. 

Panic Attacks can sometimes feel like you are having a heart attack.  What works for me is the rule of 3... 3 things I can see, smell ,touch  ,hear.  The process of doing those things seems to take my mind off of the anxiousness of what is happening at the time. the focus is now on searching for the things around me.