For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Halloween Yummies!

Loquacious

Halloween is almost here and I have already started gathering my recipes for the annual cakewalks that take place in our community. I thought I would share a really quick recipe that has a cute end result that kids really love.

Your end result is going to be an edible witch hat! You are going to need a bag of Keebler Fudge Shoppe Fudge Stripes (generic brand works just a well), a bag of Hershey's Kisses, a tube of chocolate decorating icing and a bright color tube of frosting as well (I prefer orange, red or green).

You can set out wax paper or a cookie sheet to work on then take your Fudge Stripes and turn them upside down on your work area. You want the solid chocolate side staring back at you. Now take the chocolate decorating frosting and outline the hole in the center of your Fudge Stripe cookie. Take a Hershey Kiss and place on top of the icing so that the icing sticks the Kiss to the cookie. Now you have a witch hat! Take your tube of bright colored frosting and draw some strands of ribbon or straw around the hat and top it off with a bow if you like.

These are really cute, inexpensive and quick!

This sounds like a fun, exciting and yummy treat to make with your kids.  Is it messy?

We usually make Rice Krispy treats with gummy worms coming out of them for Halloween treats.

I love goodies!  :)

I'd never thought of rice krispie treats with gummy worms!  How do you insert the gummy worms? That sounds yummy. I don't eat dirt, and I know that that's a common use for gummy worms.  Mmmmmm... I'm excited just thinking about cooking them.

We just mix up the batch of rice krisipie treats and then toss in gummy worms.  It's really neat to see them.  Most of the time they stick out, to make it look like they are crawling out. 

Another favorite of the kids at our Halloween parties are the pretzel sticks (the big ones).  We put frosting on the ends and then dip them in orange and black sprinkles.  They look spooky.  ;)

Thanks knchatty! I can't wait to try the rice krispy treats.  :)  I probably won't try the pretzels-- I bet the frosting is creamy ;) But, they sound really cool, like witches' wands, or something.

• 2 weeks later...

These do get a tad messy yet they are yummy! It is well worth the mess if you ask me and if you eat them quickly enough then it isn't as messy.  :P

We also make the rice treats with worms and such. Another one of my favorite Halloween treats is popcorn balls with candy corn in them!

I am making monster toes with macaroni and cheese and a veggie. You get the little smokies, they look like mini sausages and cut a little notch in the end, this will be the toenail. You take tortillas and cut them into strips then wrap them around the sausages so the notched end is sticking out. Bake them at 350 for about 9 minutes then put ketchup where you notched it out! I am also going to freeze gummy worms and bugs into ice cubes to put into their juice! Happy Halloween!