For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Your views on online dating

jpk0007

Online dating is one of the most popular forms of dating these days. I think that online dating can be the first step, in your quest of searching for your partner, but you invariably have to meet the person at some stage. Online dating, however, is undoubtedly the easiest and effective way to start a relationship. You can choose someone who is like-minded and who meets your basic expectations and take it forward from that point.

We all know of instances where the system of online dating has been abused and misused by people who create fake profiles. If a slight amount of caution and alertness in our interactions with strangers is followed by everyone then online dating can prove to be of great help to all. today, when our life has become very busy and finding time for social activities, has become very difficult, online dating can prove to the best option for all of us to start new relationships.

A spin-off advantage you receive from online dating, aside from the actual fun dating part, is you get to know yourself with more clarity. From writing and designing your online profile to answering a multitude of questions about yourself from complete strangers, and asking them meaningful questions about themselves as well, you can't help but gain insight about yourself.

The online dating process can sometimes be difficult and time-consuming but there is a chance that you will get to know someone a little bit better, even if it is just yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

It's awesome, if not based only on texting but a video chatting as well. You don't date anybody by only texting. 

I do consider it awesome but if there is a way of seeing somebody and going through conversations so you can see that person's reactions, body and eyes language. Without that, it's not dating at all. 

This is the way I met my japanese soulmate and the woman I will spend my life with, only we are not just dating but have deep and meaningful discussions, always learn and know everything about each  other. 

It's like a normal dating, only online. It's real, not virtual. :)

We live in the era of development and technology. Why not embrace it and use every opportunity the internet would give us? We all know something about online dating, but have some crazy ideas about it. To be true, I was a little scheptical at first, but after I've seen many examples in my friend groups, I started to look forward to it. That's how I met my girlfriend. It's been 2 years and 4 months since we first met and I can't believe how much we have in common. We saw each other online and we started talking on facebook or instagram. Boom! Online dating at its finest! Trust me! You have nothing to lose and even if you are a bit shy, think that you don't have to see her or him again. No obligations. 

• 3 weeks later...

I met my wife this way.  I did not use it like your supposed to though.  

I wouldn't pay for a subscription and I found a way to get my AIM address into the profile past the filters.

When I was searching through profiles she had done a similar thing to get past the filters and get her AIM address in there too.  

It was the only profile that did that.  This one was creative, smart, and cheap like I was.  A perfect match.  15 years later, still together.  It's great.  

• 4 weeks later...

I used to favor online dating due to its convenience, but dropped it after a few failed online relationships. I know there are people who find their loved ones through dating apps, but now I prefer real dates. Physical and real dates have benefits that online relationships can't offer: real intimacy, less chance of misinterpretion between two people (you can read body language and that's important to know how they feel about you)

• 3 weeks later...

Probably the most popular in finding your true love. My sister in-law found her one and true love now her husband. Dating apps are helpful more than we thought, exploring the people online in finding your match is a great help. 

Online dating are much convenient if you are a really busy person. 

I feel like being cautious and aware of your surroundings is very important when meeting a stranger for the first time. Other than that, I feel online dating can be a great way to meet romantic possibilities. Meeting someone online rather than say in a bar, gives you the opportunity to slowly get to know someone. Dating online is also great for people who may be socially awkward or shy around others and just need a little more time to open up.

13 hours ago, BeachMermaid said:

I feel like being cautious and aware of your surroundings is very important when meeting a stranger for the first time. Other than that, I feel online dating can be a great way to meet romantic possibilities. Meeting someone online rather than say in a bar, gives you the opportunity to slowly get to know someone. Dating online is also great for people who may be socially awkward or shy around others and just need a little more time to open up.

This is true. Sometimes it is risky to meet a person who you just met online because you might not be aware of their real intentions. Some fake accounts are all over the internet so you have to be vigilant aside from being eager to find true love online. Anyway, it is the easiest way to find someone who will likely be the person of your dreams rather than meeting in person right away unless you are an outgoing person. It is easier to say your thoughts online compared to chatting in person. In my experience, I am able to tell every single bit of what is in my mind and heart. Sincerity is very important in a relationship so as long as it is present I don't think there's something wrong with choosing who you want to be with forever whether it is through searching online.

• 3 weeks later...

Online dating is a form of dating that is on the rise despite being–in my opinion–the less favorable option. Online, each person presents themselves as they wish to be seen. This presentation isn't much different than people trying to give a good first impression, but unlike in face-to-face dating, it's far easier to continue hiding behind this misleading presentation. Pretending and lying are far easier to do behind the anonymity of a dating profile. 

Despite this, online dating has proven to be beneficial for some. I think it's a viable dating option so long as participants are aware and cautious of the potential risks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Online dating can be a great way to meet people from other parts of the country, maybe for some, other parts of the world.  I personally have tried online dating in the past and ended up with a few business connections and one disastrous roommate situations.  Most importantly, I found a very close friend and business associate.  One has to be very careful with meeting people on online platforms.  They are filled with con artist and straight out crooks, however, they can also be places were people truly for someone they can connect with.  The things that I would suggest to anyone considering online dating is to know yourself and be comfortable in your own skin.  You can't go online with low self esteem and desperate to find a relationship, you will likely end up hurt and perhaps poorer than you started out.  The second thing I would suggest to women especially, is to use discernment regarding people. Trust your instincts when it comes to getting to know potential dates and watch their actions rather than their words.

In my opinion, online dating is probably one of the best things in the internet.

I'm a very shy guy. I find it very hard to approach people I know on my own, let alone complete strangers. Trying to introduce myself and trying to make a first good impression in real life is just so scary and intimidating. Online dating allows me to chat to a potential mate behind a screen to avoid embarrassing myself in front of her.

Additionally, online dating also allows me to narrow my search to people that are my type or that have similar interests with mine.

• 2 months later...

I think online dating can lead to some really good relationships for people who otherwise wouldn't have met. Fake profiles and catfish accounts are inevitable but if you are using something like Tinder then you should know how to dissect a fake profile and know the difference between that and a real one. It can be a huge help for guys who aren't comfortable approaching a potential dating partner in person. Another huge advantage is that you know what these people are looking for based off their profile, so you won't run into people that are already in a happy relationship thus avoiding an unnecessary rejection.

• 3 months later...

Online dating can be very tricky. I have heard about horror stories and seen successful relationships blossom from online dating.  Security and transparency can be battles when a person enters the online dating scene. However, this type of dating allows a person to get to know the person online before getting serious. Then, after a time, the two people could meet and test the chemistry and identity of the potential partner. This is great way to meet some good people that best fits your desires.