For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Elections are over!

LA

I know not everyone is based in the United States, but for those of us who are the mid-term elections are finally over! Is anyone else glad that there will be no more ads, no more mailers, and no more phone calls begging for your vote?

For those of you who live in an area with runoff elections, I am so very sorry. I don't think I could stand to watch or hear another political ad at this point. Now the next thing you know we will have 50 people throwing their hat in the ring to run for President in 2020. Is it just me, or does the election cycle never really end anymore?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Election season or not, it feels like politics has managed to permeate every second of my life.  I remember a time when people kept their political opinions to themselves.  Unfortunately, now it seems perfectly okay to rattle off your ideology to complete strangers while in the waiting room at the doctor's office and while waiting in line at the grocery store.  What's worse is that most of these people just assume that you hold the same opinion as them.  I don't know you.  I don't need to hear your manifesto about abortion.   It's just incredibly rude and a huge display of poor manners!   I try to shut down the conversation as quickly and politely as possible. When in public my motto is don't smile, don't make eye contact.  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 9:40 AM, LA said:

Is it just me, or does the election cycle never really end anymore?

It doesn't end. Ever. You'd never know from watching the news that the next election is almost two years away. The thing that really kills me is the amount of money that is raised and spent on these campaigns. What a tremendous waste. It's ironic that we're all arguing about immigration and having the age-old debate about taking care of our own first versus taking in needy immigrants and none of that would be an issue if our politicians didn't waste billions of dollars on these elaborate elections.

Good point.  Goes to show who they really care about, huh?

Still playing to the point, here in Arizona because of the timing of Sen. McCain's passing, that seat is was on the news with regular frequency. So there are times when special elections and appointments really make it seem like it never ends.

Personally, I don't do political news anymore. It's just too much of nothing anymore. 

Edited by G R
  • Like 1