For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Can music help to relieve stress?

LAVISTE ACOSTA

Music is like a universal language. No matter where you are, who you are and no matter what kind of language you are using, music can bring us all together. You listen to music when you are happy, when you are in love, when you are sad and lonely or when are stressed. 

Stress can be difficult to deal with sometimes especially if there is no one to talk to. Whenever I am so stress for school work, I use to listen music because it make me calm and relax my sense.

What are your thought about music can relieve stress?

When I listen to synth-wave or techno/trance it can keep me from getting stressed out from studying for college and reading really boring stuff.  

It can also pump me up to get me to work out.  Like Usher: More.  It really gets me to give it more.  

I noticed at the last block party I put on some classical violin and everybody was super chill and boring.  When I put on some more upbeat Jazz people started talking more and were smiling more.  

So, I think it can help relieve stress.  

I think music can relieve stress. I like to listen to Jazz when I'm trying to wind down, and it always seems effective. 

I also believe certain sounds can help relieve stress. I like to listen to the sound of rain, and watch ASMR videos. These things are effective at calming me.

I think music has a big impact on your mood in other ways too. Such as evoking empathy, and to give motivation. 

Good morning guys.

For me music has been an all encompassing part of my life, ever since i was a young teen. It has had an impact and  brought companionship like no other. It has helped shape the individual i am today and always it has extended a hand of help and allowed me the ability to express my self where words fail. Music has been a true, trusted friend and i am sure it will always be there to support me what ever the situation.

So in short, yes!

• 3 months later...

"Where words fail music speaks" ,said  Hans Christian Andersen. Music  is the language of the soul, it connects our souls and hearts, it's the only language that can convey emotions as they are;  raw and beautiful.

On the other hand, music is a great therapy when it comes to stress and depression, it helps with improving the mood and relaxation not to mention that it's proven that music can calm the autonomic nervous system.

• 2 months later...

The right kind of music can definitely soothe one's senses. Slow, instrumental and classical music are known to have calming and relaxing effects. Be it the morning routine, daily chores or going to bed, music often provides an effective backdrop to keep us from treating tasks as mundane or boring. In fact, many who tune in to radio stations such as All India Radio, testify that film songs, especially old ones, help them unwind in a big way.

It depends on your personality. Some people have different reactions to something when they are stressed. Some find themselves relaxed in a livier beat music, others want some calm music and there are some that get relaxed on rock n' roll music. Others want some quiet place to be relaxed . There are people who are very sentsitive to any kind of noise. Everyone of us have different kind of approach to some things. So it really depends of what kind of person you are.

For me, some people have difficulty on handling stress. So no matter how many or what kind of stress reliever they tried if they don't know how to handle things and cope up any stress, it's no use.

I think listening to music affects people in different ways. Like most things, the answer falls in a gray area. In my personal opinion, it does for me. When I am upset, I listen to rock music very loudly through my headphones until I can't focus on anything but the beats and lyrics. When I am feeling heartbroken, I lay down and cry it out to a Sam Smith album. When I am feeling just stressed from work or life in general, I listen to "lofi beats" and almost meditate by clearing my thoughts and just listening. 

Music absolutely relieves stress.  I listen to music to unwind during my drive home from work.  By the time I pull into my driveway, any stress I had is usually gone.  I have a dog who is not very keen on riding in the car.  I discovered that if I play jazz during the car ride, she relaxes so much that she drifts off to sleep.  I have experimented with several different styles of music, but the only one that relaxes her is jazz.

• 3 months later...

Music is a great way to relieve stress. Not only it helps with the improvement of memory, which too much stress can affect it, but can develop imagination, thereby maintaing a relaxing state of mind.