For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What is better for knowledge , Book or Internet ?

najam

We get all the information through the internet so why people read the book ?

The internet made our lives easier. This is a best way to save time. We do not need to go any where for any kind of advice.

This is the best way to guide us.

I recently read an article, stating that students using books and paper learn and retain information better then when sat at computer screens. At this point if i am totally honest the reason for this and the full content of the article allude me at this moment but for what ever reason it seems to be the case.

That said, for me and this is of course just my opinion a mix of both literature and digital content make for the best and most productive means of education. Books have well sourced and reviewed information and are generally written where as the Internet generally does not  the Internet how ever opens an entire universe to your finger tips and brings unimaginable amount of human minds theatergoer. It also allows for multiple learning styles including audible and visual (mainly video content) which books do not. 

the best way to gain a well rounded and diverse knowledge base is to use every and all material available in which ever format you encounter it

I would respectfully disagree with you. While The Internet has no doubt made the spreading and consumption of knowledge easier than ever before, it does not negate the value provided by books. If I need to find the closest grocery store to my location, yes I will look for it on the Internet. However, if I want to learn deeply about a more complex subject, a book is oftentimes a more trustworthy and convenient source than the Internet. The Internet allows anyone with an internet connection to post "information". I am not a doctor, yet I could find a forum and post my totally unqualified opinion about the proper way to perform heart surgery, and that information would exist alongside information posted by people who are much more qualified to speak on the subject; whereas, I could not publish a book on the subject without going through many more barriers and gate keepers. Similarly, if I want to read beautiful prose written by talented, practiced writers, a book is a much easier way to find that prose than searching for it on the Internet. Yes, I may find all of this on the Internet, but it would take me much longer than looking for it in a book. Additionally, digitally stored data depends on the existence and maintenance of a network, with servers, working technology, etc. If I don't have internet access or electricity or a computer, the abundance of knowledge on the Internet is unavailable to me. If I have a book, it's right there, as long as the ink and paper isn't destroyed, I may access it.

On 12/9/2018 at 9:19 AM, Chormingo said:

I would respectfully disagree with you. While The Internet has no doubt made the spreading and consumption of knowledge easier than ever before, it does not negate the value provided by books. If I need to find the closest grocery store to my location, yes I will look for it on the Internet. However, if I want to learn deeply about a more complex subject, a book is oftentimes a more trustworthy and convenient source than the Internet. The Internet allows anyone with an internet connection to post "information". I am not a doctor, yet I could find a forum and post my totally unqualified opinion about the proper way to perform heart surgery, and that information would exist alongside information posted by people who are much more qualified to speak on the subject; whereas, I could not publish a book on the subject without going through many more barriers and gate keepers. Similarly, if I want to read beautiful prose written by talented, practiced writers, a book is a much easier way to find that prose than searching for it on the Internet. Yes, I may find all of this on the Internet, but it would take me much longer than looking for it in a book. Additionally, digitally stored data depends on the existence and maintenance of a network, with servers, working technology, etc. If I don't have internet access or electricity or a computer, the abundance of knowledge on the Internet is unavailable to me. If I have a book, it's right there, as long as the ink and paper isn't destroyed, I may access it.

I totally agree with you. Not everything written on the internet is facts. It can be a post written by a totally unqualified person who has access to the internet. I can go to the internet and write something about the benefits of apple cider without me studying it. I can write that this herb can cure this particular disease without having the proof for it. I can totally these things because the internet is free. So, you have to be really careful about what you read, believe and learn on the internet. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think bothInternet and books are equally useful for knowledge, but each of them have a different kind of usefulness depends on which context you consider. If you want to find really up-to-date information with or collect huge amount of data, then Internet is what for you. If you want to read information that had been carefully researched, compiled or prefer to slowly digest pieces of knowledge, then books are better. That's not to say that Internet can't provide you quality data/knowledge but there're tons (figuratively) of data uploaded on the Internet everyday so it's hard to check the quality and accuracy of these information.