For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Have you tried the Keto diet?

Jazzy

The Keto diet was very popular this past year, and continues to be popular.  The premise is that you eat foods that are high in fat, very low carbohydrate, and a medium amount of protein.  I tried it last summer and lost 20 pounds very quickly.  The best part is that I have kept the weight off by continuing to be mindful of how many carbohydrates are in a food.  Learning about carbohydrates, and which foods they are in, was the hardest part.  I used an app for that.  Going into the diet, I set a limit of how long I would be on it.  I needed to lose weight for my health, but I am also of the mind that the high fat in the diet was not going to be healthy in the long run.  I also kept my carbohydrates below 20 grams which limited many otherwise healthy fruits and vegetables.  All in all, I am happy with the way it worked for me:  I lost a significant amount of weight and have kept it off.  I am now more mindful of what I eat.

First of all, congrats on reaching your goal and losing the weight! I know a couple of people that swear the Keto diet is the best thing ever. I agree with you, I just can't see how some of the foods you can eat on this diet are good for our bodies long-term. Eating heavy whipping cream, bacon and lots of cheese is the reason why I have not and will not try this diet. I feel that eating lean meat, fruits and vegetable is the right choice for me.