For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The struggle of going to bed early

Alina Mihai

How is it that every time I need to wake up really early in the morning I find myself doing anything else but sleeping? And I mean anything: dusting the furniture,eating,grooming my pets,doing my nails,sorting my stamp collection that I don't even have,writing stunning lyrics or poems that are only stunning at 03 A.M. for some reason, sometimes just staring into space...anything,as long as it's not resting. The struggle is real!

I think some of us are just night people, it's programmed in our DNA, LOL! I am the exact same way, sometimes I struggle through the day looking forward to going to bed early but as day turns to night, priorities change and the next thing I know, it's midnight! I find myself washing dishes, washing a load of laundry, texting a friend and drinking one too many glasses of wine. Just the other night, I found myself measuring the living room at 1 a.m.. Why, because I decided I want new flooring. That crazy idea has since been put to bed because, oh yeah, that's kinda a major expense! Yes, the struggle is definitely real! 

• Haha 1

Hi Alina Mihai. You are not alone. I also consider myself nocturnal. I am more active during the nighttime compared to daytime. I am not sure if I am having a hard time to fall asleep or my mind and body were just programmed to be active during the nighttime. I am even more comfortable to walk outside in the dark instead of walking under the sun. I find peace during at night which makes me express myself more on writing or making a drawing. It draws out more of my creative side and mental ability. I am able to think of things I am confused of before. I love the nighttime.

• 1 month later...

My mom calls me a night owl. I just don't feel myself before 11 am. And if I manage to wake up early, I can't do almost anything. I'm just sitting there for like an hour, holding a cup of coffee and even forgetting to try it.

I'm really struggling because I have 2 years old boy who wakes up pretty early. I am sleeping with him during the day from the day he was born. And when I put him to sleep at night I start working. Cleaning, cooking, blog working, anything you can come up with. Because I know if I leave it for the next morning, that means I'll do it the next night!

It seems like I am not alone.

Honestly this behavior is so annoying for me especially as I am currently a student who needs to wake up early in the morning. Every morning I tell myself that I will sleep earlier, but when sleeping time comes I always seem to get distracted by Reddit. I don't like this habit of mine and I am finding ways to stop it.

Hopefully I will be able to stop doing this. Wish me luck!