For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Dogs or cats?

Alina Mihai

While I know what I prefer(which is dogs,by the way),I'd like to know other people's thoughts on this topic and the reasons for their preferences.For me dogs are the best,because,for instance,if I leave the house for five minutes and I come back they are just ecstatic,jumping all over me as if I'd been away all day.They are loyal and very grateful and loving.I can't say that I have seen these attributes in cats...Sure,they can be loving too,but in a weird way,I guess...You never know when they are going to snap and mess you up.

• Like 1

As an animal lover, I love both cats and dogs! If I had to choose, I would go with cats. I have three fur babies at home and all were rescued 14 years ago. I truly believe rescued cats are so appreciative and loyal to their humans who rescue them. Yes, a dog shows it's affection by jumping around, wagging it's tail and licking, but a cat shows it's love in many ways too. A few examples of my fur babies love is how they will curl up in my lap and do biscuits, they will meow when they want attention and when I am sick, they sleep with me, which is comforting. One of my favorite activities is using a laser pointer, these guys go nuts running around chasing it and it's great exercise!

Hi Alina Mihai. There is no reason why you won't love a dog. Those characteristics are very noticeable because somehow they act like a human which makes their behavior understandable in our eyes. On the other hand, cats have their own way to show affection and loyalty which is not so obvious for us. Let's just say dogs are those kind of people that are showy and cats are those who are silent type. Like BeachMermaid, I am also an animal lover which makes it hard for me to choose between the two especially that I had a pet dog which I won't forget forever. If I have to choose according to my personality though, I would go for a cat because I am more of a silent type person.

• Like 1

This is a hard question for me, it is hard to decide between dogs and cats because they both have their characteristics.  Dogs are always wanting to be near you and are always loyal to you more than cats but cats have their lovable looks.  I love them both.

I agree with BeachMermaid, cats are the best! Just like people, you have to earn the affection of a cat, and frankly, it makes me feel special when a feline that hates everyone around it warms up to me, much more so than a dog that just... kind of loves anyone around it would. Cats are much more fun to cuddle with because they stay still and maintain a much more hygienic state than canines; while you have to bathe a dog (which takes so much time), cats engage in their own self-grooming. But of course, the best thing is how cute and soft kitties are! There's no better feeling than when a cat nuzzles into your cheek! 

• 7 months later...

I love all types of pets. I've shared my life with two dogs, two cats (including my current fur baby), two rats, a mouse and at one time, a handful of worms. (Yes, I'm weird.)

I'm more of a dog person. My little girl shared 14 years with me and was my happy thought for all those years. I miss her terribly, even though she's been gone for 10 years.

I sometimes even miss my first cat, and he's been gone even longer.

Right now, my husband and I share, share our home with a grey tabby who chose to be with us. He was born to a stray and is the last surviving member of his litter. The first one disappeared. The second one was run over by a car. The third one was mauled by a pitbull. When that happened, we decided to adopt our cat. I couldn't bear anything happening to him.

We really lucked out. He is very affectionate and well-behaved. And now that our landlord requires him to be an indoor-only cat, he's very good about not trying to get out. I think he remembers how hard life was before.

My fondness for dogs knows no bounds. Growing up, the house was never without the presence of a four-legged family member so living in a house without a dog is an alien concept to me. I have six dogs right now and it's so much fun. They're loud, messy and capable of countless shenanigans. You'd think it's a nightmare, but it's actually amazing having so much unconditional love displayed in so many ways.

I love dogs so much.

• 2 weeks later...

As an animal lover in general, I would probably have an alligator in my home if I could. But being a somewhat sensible person, I'm sticking to dogs and cats for now. Both species have their own special traits, and I have come to appreciate them for what they are. You've heard the expression, "Dogs have masters; cats have staff"? While this is fairly accurate, my pets tend to imitate each other in some respects, thereby blurring the line between species. My dogs can be bossy and my cats can be subservient. But each of them always maintains his or her somewhat quirky personality, and this makes for some interesting interactions. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am highly allergic to cats and I always felt that they were very independent and that they didn't take to a human as well as a dog does.  I am also allergic to dogs but not as much and I am a dog owner and I feel that dogs are a great companionship they help keep you active because they love the outdoors and you can actually walk them on a leash.  Also I feel that a dog is very submissive and always lives to please their owner while a cat is dominant. 

My family lives in a small house where we can only afford to have one non-human member. As far as loving animals goes, my son is the most intense and it is exclusively towards cats. Majority goes for a dog so that's what we have, a Shih-Tzu. Like my wife Majority (we call her so because she rules), I also go for dogs largely because of fond childhood memories of a dearly beloved mongrel.  But I could live with cats as well. In fact, if I were a road warrior and lived a small room, I will have a cat instead of a dog.  

Cats are preferable. But we currently have dogs, which is my parents' choice. I prefer cats because they are very easy to deal with. They mind their own business and will only bother you when they're hungry. Cleaning themselves is their best action. Their feces and urine smells awful though. But they aren't as high maintenance as dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a lover of all things furry, but my heart lies with dogs especially. I had a chihuahua for 10 years and he was the love of my life. He would look into my eyes just like he was looking into my soul. When my poor doggie died, my heart was broken. Cats are clever and hilarious and I love them too. But because of my dear chihuahua, I will always be a dog person.