For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Why do you play games?

Jetman

Playing games is a recreational activity which can boost our mental or physical abilities. The basic idea is that street games are those which enhance our physical abilities. On the other hand, mind games like chess and video games enhance our mental ability because we need to think of a strategy in order to win a match. Video games can also promote physical abilities like hand and eye coordination but for me I take games lightly as possible. Some people are getting seriously hooked with games whether physical or mental which affects their emotional stability. When this happens, people tend to get mad and start a fight against each other on a non-sporty way. This may lead to an unhealthy relationship between players. Games were created for us to have fun and promote well being. How about you? Do you take games seriously or you just play for fun and improve your abilities? I am glad to know your thoughts.

I play games with my children, my younger one is always wanting me to play with him.  I too agree that some games you can boost your mental abilities, because you need to make strategies or solve puzzles etc...  The most important thing is not to stay long playing on the computer.

I also agree that games can boost mental abilities! However, I'm what some people would call a "hardcore gamer;" I've spent an almost embarrassing amount of time in my life glued to my controller, hours zipping right past me without me even noticing as I try to reach an all-clear on all of my favorite games. And honestly, I don't regret this! Some of my favorite video games have taught me a lot about life itself. My favorite series of games always produces characters I can relate deeply to, and talking to them through my character helps me as much as it does them! Games with dialogue, particularly RPG's where I can choose what my character says and does, are what finally got me out of my shell and taught me how to talk to people.