For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Food Delivery Services

JewelsCat22

I was thinking about trying one of the food delivery services like Grub Hub or Door Dash. I don't know anything about them. It's rare that I order in, but I love the idea of being able to get Panera Bread, Subway, etc. delivered. 

Have any of you tried one of these food delivery services? Do different services deliver from different places? What was your experience like? Is there one, in particular, you would recommend? 

I haven't tried any of them because I'm so rural that they don't operate near me. As a matter of fact, I checked when I saw your post and both the Grub Hub and Door Dash sites said no dice. That said, my husband and I travel quite a bit for work and the next time we're stuck in a hotel in a more metropolitan area, I'll definitely be ordering our takeout through them.

• 4 months later...

I've never used a service like Door Dash, but transport apps such as Grab have such an option where their drivers order and deliver food for us. It is a wildly popular service! As more restaurants are listed, we get more discounts on some packages or coupons of free delivery fee. What a lifesaver when you're too lazy to step outside the house!

Does Uber provide food delivery service?

• 2 weeks later...

@Migi, I know there's Uber Eats, but I don't know if it's specifically associated with Uber? 

I got a coupon for $100 in delivery credit from Postmates. A friend is coming to a conference here in town (from Hawaii!), so I might actually use this, depending on what she'd like to do. I'm excited - I have not seen her since college! 

• 1 month later...

I finally tried DoorDash to have burritos delivered. The app is easy to use, and the driver was polite and even apologized for not arriving sooner (he was well within the promised time). I know I'll use the service again.

• 7 months later...

How do you guys feel about having food delivered in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic?  Is it okay?  Unethical?  A good choice because the delivery person needs to make money?  A good choice because the restaurant needs to make money?  A poor decision because it puts someone else at risk?  What are the odds that the driver has health insurance?  I'm so torn on this one.  Some politicians have suggested that ordering food for delivery is safer than going to the grocery store and that ordering from a nearby restaurant helps the local economy.  So, do you think it's okay to order food?  

I don't see anything wrong with it from the business side of things.  People do need to make a living. What concerns me is the wrapping/containers that the food is in, and the fact that 2 or 3 different people touched it all while preparing it. Were they sick? Do they wash their hands regularly? I know the virus is spread mainly from human to human, but it does stay on surfaces for 3 days or so.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but you just don't know. 

I see nothing wrong with using any of those services either. I mean, I am a little worried because the food is being transferred and touched by at least two different people. I do order takeout but I pick it up. I make sure to use gloves, put the food on my own plate, throw out the container and then take off my gloves. I guess if I follow the same process I would be okay.

I've never used any of these services before, I'm in a rural area too.