For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How much time do you spend following news?

No Problem

Some people want to know what is happening in the news minute by minute.  Others find that following any news is a burden.  I know people who listen to news all day, but I find I can only listen for a couple of hours each evening.  What about you?

• 4 weeks later...

I usually don't follow the news that much, because there are more bad news than good news. I dislike hearing about accidents and all sorts of horrible crimes. It makes me think that this is a cruel world full of bad, selfish people, but I know I'm wrong and there are a lot of exceptions to this. I just want to think only about the good things that happen on this planet.

• 1 month later...

I agree with @qualf. While I do try to stay informed about current events, too many news outlets try to get viewers by sensationalizing every story; the events in the news are bad enough without hearing it covered from every conceivable angle. I dread the 2020 election, it's one and a half years away and we've already been hearing it covered for months. Crazy.

• 3 months later...

The news today doesn´t focus on the most important stories. they want viewers and so they make decisions to leave out important but maybe not so interesting stories. If you look at conspiracy theorys then one of them is that news is actually there to distract us from the more important things.

I don't follow the news much these days. I also try to keep up with what I think are important events, but most of the time I'd rather not be constantly bombarded by the ugliness the world spews out every single day. I'm content with having my social media news feed as my only source of bite-sized news.

I completely agree with you all, watching the news will have you afraid to leave your house! My practice is much like @aidels in that I receive the news in chunks via my social media feeds. Google, my favorite stalker, is pretty reliable about showing me stories that are relevant to what I am most concerned about so, on the whole, I’m able to stay in the know without having the added gore and trauma of the daily rundown of all that’s going wrong in the world.