For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What you want to become?

ilincaB

Find a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life. It's an old saying that may resonate with you if you're in the middle of trying to figure out what to do with your life. If you choose the right career, you will actually like going to work every day? Imagine that! It sounds like a magical antidote to a life of drudgery. I think this is the most important thing. Like what you are doing and all the universe will smile for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Everybody has a dream job. One that they enjoy it so much, that they can't even call it a job, but just something they like to do. I always wanted to work at home, from my laptop. This is why I wanted to become a programmer, and because I'm fascinated about computers and technology. I'm still working on it and I hope one day I will succeed.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going through a bit of a rough patch in my life career-wise, and I'm trying to use being between jobs as an opportunity to experiment and try to experience new things. Life can be hard, but I really hope that everyone- including myself- can find their perfect dream job someday.

After working all of my adult life in a field that I studied for,  I wasn't prepared for the life that my career provided me. Although many of us prepare to do those things in life that we love, it may not be the thing that provides us with the life we really want.  I've spent years in a career that I  was passionate about, but I had to work  very long hours. In addition to that,  it didn't provide the financial reward that I was hoping for. If I had to do it over again, I would put more thought into the overall scheme of things before making a final career decision. 

• 3 weeks later...

IlincaB your post was upbeat and I loved your statement, "Like what you are doing and all the universe will smile for you." Your post actually helped me with some questions that have been lingering in my mind concerning what I want to become.

You see, I am 42 years old and a Cancer survivor and before my battle I was very happy with my career and life was thriving, but since surviving my battle I have had to readjust in many areas of my life which is no problem, but it has been a sticky situation. I have learned though, that sticky situations often lead to epiphanies. I have  focused so much on simply surviving and trying to make ends meet that I never stopped to think what makes me happy and how can that be tied into what I want to become on a career basis. Reading your post helped me connect the dots which were right in front of me all along.  There are a few things I love and they are making people smile, photography and writing. That being said, I would love to become a writer who accomplishes those three things I love as well as bringing in a very comfortable income. 

• 3 weeks later...

I want to become someone who wants to be who I am right now, what I mean is that I would like to be one day satisfied of what I have accomplished and of how I derived pleasure from this journey called life. Don't get me wrong, I do not promote stoicism or stagnation, for improvement is always good and is the main driving force for our journey.

Do not expect to always make the correct decisions in life because you can never be absolutely sure that the option you chose is the right one, the trick is making the decisions you made work for you, in the sense that whatever path you chose, you will always attempt to find the advantage in choosing it. Like what Forest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates, You never know what you're going to get".

Deciding what I want to be has evolved over the years.  When I was younger and fresh out of college, I just wanted to land that first job in my field of study.  Once I got into the workforce, I wanted to be successful in my career.  But now that I am older, and I hope wiser, I now know what I want to be is the best person I can be.