For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Hairdos, hairdon'ts

4ScienceYouMonster

For most of my life, I have been obsessed with my hair. I was especially convinced that the longer the hair, the better, so except for a couple of occasions where a major chop was absolutely needed I systematically skipped trims. I tried the most improbable home-made decoctions to keep hair at their best; on wash days I often spent the whole afternoon on my rituals of shampoo, conditioner, mask, drying and styling. I have wavy-curly hair, meaning that I have always been pestered by frizz and losing insane amounts of time trying to make it behave; despite that, I was still positive that cutting was not an option.

Over the past year, however, I gradually started to change my mind. I noticed how many ladies were rocking bobs, pixies, or even (gulp!) buzzcuts, and how many other celebrities with luscious mermaid locks were actually sporting extensions or wigs. I also realised how much time and effort I was pouring into my haircare, and how I hated to find hair on my clothes, on the floor, in my food, basically everywhere. Long hair may look absolutely gorgeous, but is it worth the effort?

In fairy tales princesses are often depicted with extremely long and thick manes, and this may affect little girls, tricking them into thinking it’s a beauty standard. Once you grow up however, you realise that after all those princesses were living in a fantasy world and their main occupation was talking to birdies…

What do you think? Are you Team Rapunzel or do you dare to go super-short?

• 5 months later...

I had both short and long hair, dyed by myself or a hairstylist, I even had braids once and almost went for dreads. My hair is also curly and I made a mix of coconut oil, argan oil, olive oil and vitamin A which I use before bath and when I wand to style it, but about the length I tend to keep it medium now. I think it's important to have a hairstyle that looks good and represents you, like a signature.