For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Understanding feminism

4ScienceYouMonster

I recently had a discussion with a friend about feminism. In his opinion, feminists only take into consideration female victims of abuse. They turn a blind eye to any situation of violence against a man. As a feminist, I disagree: rape culture is not only the “look at what she's wearing, she’s asking for it”. On the other side of the coin, male victims are the target of jokes for “not being man enough”. Women can sometimes join men in mocking those victims; sexism can be learnt by both men and women. Yet, real feminists are the ones who listen, understand, and offer appropriate support.

• 4 weeks later...

Feminism can be a bit of a touchy subject, especially in today's political climate. It can be difficult to tell the difference between good-natured people trying to further equal rights and end abuse, and those using it for personal gain. The same can be said for those opposing it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

As a man, it has always confused me why people are so anti-feminist. As far as I'm aware, feminism is just the understanding that everyone deserves to be treated equally and given the same opportunities. I for one have met more impressive women than men in my lifetime. As far as the OPs point, this is certainly an issue that remains, and one I think may take longer to get over. Guys tend to be overly prideful in my experience and this can really get in the way of solving their problems. And the fact that I just said that kind of feeds into the issue you presented. It's a tough fix