For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Save Yourself Now

Katherine

The age of mental health and awareness is upon us. The time of taboo psych evaluations is being eradicated. If you are feeling sad most of the time, or are unusually stressed, do some research and see a doctor. There is no longer reason to feel shame or that you are somehow broken. You have tools that are waiting to be utilized to help yourself feel better. Go out and wield them!

Yes, yes, yes!   The Age of Mental Health is upon us. As we're all going through the same thing just handling it in different ways. And this is a perfect opportunity to wield the shield of Compassion and remember that a sincere smile and genuine greeting (even to yourself) will go a long, long way in restoring Harmony on Planet Earth.   

Best of luck to you, my friends!

• 1 month later...

I don't know I think we may have a bigger issue of over diagnosing due to a larger cultural problem. You have to remember that psychology is also a business, a business that might be willing to convince you there's something wrong with you to make a quick buck. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think, the acceptance of mental disorders and getting help for them is only happening in certain areas.  At least, it's more widespread.  More traditional places are going to be slow to change, the way they always are.  

Individuals will have an easier or more difficult time, depending on their particular circumstances.  Family and lack of access to treatment only being two of those circumstances.

I agree that mental health awareness is improving but still limited in certain respects. There are still deep misconceptions about what is and is not normal to think and feel. So people often perpetuate toxic patterns for generations, without realizing there is an issue. Meanwhile, others are being misdiagnosed in their efforts to seek adequate treatment. It's a difficult and complex topic, one that won't be solved without continuous discussion.

Education is a very important element in deciding wether or not one has out of control mental health problems. Maybe it's just the media that is influencing, maybe the brain is extremely bored or the environment is not nurturing enough. Of course psychology , like any another domain, has people activating only out of interest, but it's easier to make a choice when we have the information we need.