For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Too Many Tourists?

Nickel

Thailand's beautiful beaches are getting trashed. Recently, workers at the Louvre in Paris walked off their jobs for a day to protest overcrowding. When you see these reports, do they make you want to travel less?

I'm torn. There are many popular sites I would love to finally see, but maybe I should take another look at less-traveled spots where there's less chance of fighting crowds and stressing out locals.

I'm torn as well. Even though I may be uncomfortable with dirty eaches, I think it's impossible to miss visiting beaches in Pattaya if I've never been to Thailand before.

I think it boils down to each visitor to mind their manners. The government probably should put strict regulations if things get out of control. As uncomfortable as it is, I can understand, and I will respect their decisions.

I don't like crowds. I don't even like going to the grocery store when it's crowded. However, if I ever got the chance to go and see some place amazing, I would definitely go. I wouldn't pass up a once-in-a-lifetime experience because I don't like the crowds. I think for that kind of experience, I could tolerate the crowds for a bit. 

• 1 month later...

It definitely doesn't make me want to travel less, just smarter. I try to avoid the touristy spots when I travel. The worst experience I've had was in Rome this summer. It was horrible. And it is a real shame because you don't get to enjoy what the city has to offer. When I went to Brazil I chose to stay in São Paulo rather than Rio for this exact reason; Rio is overrun with tourists and I wouldn't be able to enjoy the city's culture as a local.