For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

When I was younger I wanted to be a Lawyer.

LesLynia

When I was younger I always wanted to be a Lawyer, watching Matlock and Cops. At the tender age of 37 with two children, I wonder if I still have the energy and drive I once had. I did complete HS and I have an AOS and a BS, but I think I'm tired of school, but I still have the want.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a lawyer, and a teacher, and The President, and a princess. We grow up with dreams as big as Texas, but as we grow, these dreams quickly switch due to reality. Money. Society. Restrictions are constantly holding us back from the things we’ve always dreamed of. 

• 3 weeks later...

My memories begin in Kenya. I remember going to Olduvai Gorge and learning about ancient man, so it is not surprising the first career I dreamed of was archeology.

In kindergarten, I fell in love with dinosaurs and wanted to be a paleontologist. I still sometimes toy with the idea of getting a second Bachelors in paleontology.

In high school, I fell in love with marine biology and ended up getting my Bachelors in biology with an emphasis on marine mammals.

It was as an undergrad that I discovered science writing and ended up with a decent career in healthcare marketing communications. What I loved about science writing was that I could explore a wide variety of sciences, without having to niche to one, which I would have had to do if I'd become a scientist. 

My father was a lawyer and so people assumed I would follow in his footsteps. I didn't become a lawyer because I never wanted to become one. I went through life with this huge expectation hanging over me that I never really found out what I wanted to be until later.

I say if you want something go for it. It doesn't matter how long it takes or how old you'll be when you get it. Feed that fire in your belly.