For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Your healthy hobbies

TravelBug

I just recently got back into dancing after taking a dance class when I was in Brazil. I've been going out and dancing my heart out and I realize how amazing it is to be doing something you love when at the same time it is good for your physical (and mental) health. What are some hobbies of yours that you really enjoy doing and that are also healthy for you?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good for you, TravelBug! I really want to get into dancing someday because it just looks fun (in addition to the health benefits we can get). It's too bad that most of my hobbies tie me down in front of the laptop or just sitting all day long. I suppose traveling is the only time when I get to have fun and become healthier at the same time!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have my faith, my friends, and my pets which all help to relieve stress, at least that's how it feels.  So, I count those as part of my healthy hobbies and habits.  I don't sleep much and I have a poor diet, but I haven't suffered for it.  I think a lot of it boils down to genetics. 

MIgi, that's how I am during the cold season.  My only physical activities revolve around sprinting from one warm place to another. Then I'm under a mound of warm blankets with my laptop.  I just find the cold unbearable.  Would you prefer to have more time to engage in physical hobbies or are you pretty satisfied with things right now?  

Travelbug, that sounds like tons of fun!  

Such an encouraging thread! I've been trying to eat more vegan and vegetarian items. I drink plant-based milks more often now, and I'm having more meals where the main protein is from legumes or beans.

• 5 months later...

My healthiest hobby is traveling! I love to go new places! I don't care if it's for a long weekend or a week, I love going places. 

I also love to exercise although it doesn't feel like exercising. I'm a fan of kickboxing, Zumba and hiking!

• 3 weeks later...

I know I spend too much time in front of my laptop. I'd really like to walk more to start with. I just need to make it a priority. It seems there's never enough time in the day for it all, does it? 

@JewelsCat22 Do you think a Fitbit or other activity tracker might help you get into the swing of things?  I'm not much for exercising, but I'd love to be the person who was psyched for it.  Theoretically.

I have a lovely garden full of vegetables, herbs, flowers, and fruits.  It's a joy to watch the birds, butterflies, and bees flit about my plants.  Gardening is utter bliss.  It's my healthy habit this time of year. 

• 4 months later...

Dancing is one of the best activities that you could engage in to relieve stress and get in shape. I am a huge Zumba fan and have been doing it at home for years. It always lifts my mood and helps me burn calories at the same time.