For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Stories Matter

stansburylane

• 2 weeks later...

True, everyone does have a story and, to that person and to those who care about him or her, it matters. Even strangers can learn from it, and we do well to pay attention because it might be that a stranger's story  teaches us how to cope with difficult aspects of our own.

• Like 2
On 9/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, stansburylane said:

No one story should be considered more important than another or spoken and spread more prevalently than another. Everyone has a story, and every story matters. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  Everybody is created equal and everybody has their own side to their story. Everybody is special in their own way and I do believe that everybody should be allowed to voice their opinion or their concern. Everybody should be heard.

• Like 1

Stories are meant to be told. But are all stories also meant to be heard? I will be very careful about listening to or retelling stories that perpetuate lies, encourage oppression or glorify inequality. 

It is virtually impossible for everyone to take heed of everyone else's want to say. It is hard to achieve even just at the dinner table.  The press, book publishers, politicians and other mass communicators somehow curate the stories worth sharing and caring about.  However that role has been upended by the social media. 

Suddenly anyone who can type and click is given a direct line to the world at large to pour themselves out.  That democratisation of the storytelling channel is well and good in the sense that now not a single story is left untold.  But that same power can be, has been and will continue to be used to manipulate listeners into believing stories that are designed to deceive.  

• Like 1

Yes, we all have our own different stories and experiences. None of those are less than the others. All stories are great no matter what and these stories give out great lessons that we can carry all throughout.

• Like 1