For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Age of Technology

Dzwriter

We live in the age of technology where you can find information in an instance. You can Google it, Ask it, Bing it yes the internet has the answer and the information. Self help books, counselors, advisers, wise and intellectual ones with big degrees, you name it and we have it. Abundant information but yet a lot of ignorant people. So many people lack knowledge in common, everyday matters like making peace, marriage, raising children, finding happiness, making wise choices and the list goes. So many educated and wise people but yet the Same old problems continue to inflict Mankind to this day with new problems continuing to surface.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's quite ironic, isn't it?

I guess this is all because information is vastly different from knowledge or wisdom. Information can be true or false. Even if a body of information is true, it may not even be of any use to you!

Sadly, wisdom isn't as prevalent on the internet as information. Wisdom requires experience and a certain level of open-mindedness to attain, and that takes a lot more effort than just reading things online.

But hey, who knows? Maybe someone will be able to invent applications that can share huge bodies of wisdom in a snap!

• 1 month later...

The abundance of information has changed us in ways we can never imagine. 

The WHO has coined this 'INFODEMIC' indicating thay information can help propagate this COVID19 pandemic or bring a new disease to our midst. The UNICEF lists misinformation has one of the top ten problems affecting the youth today. 

These are just examples. I can probably go on quoting more and more of these.

• 3 weeks later...

Information literacy as it applies to the internet is a whole skill in itself.

Merely having access to technology does not prepare one for being able to use it in a way that’s conducive to finding and applying legitimate information.

I had done a report in college about the effects of viral misinformation and the harm it causes in discourse, and in the course of my research I found a phenomenon in which iPhone users were instructed to microwave their iPhones for "faster charging". Some fell for it because the fake instructions had copied the official styling and look of Apple's web pages well enough to pass as legitimate. This isn't the first time a hoax like this propagated the internet, and it probably won't be the last either.