For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Technological Gadgets Vs Family Life

Gold19

Advancement in technology is a good thing. However, we must not let it destroy family life. In some families, you will find the children spending the whole evening on ipads, the father will be on his computer and the mother will be sweeping through her smartphone. There is no conversation at all between family members. This is a brutal assault on family life.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Nowadays, you can see a lot of people fixing their eyes on their smartphones wherever they go. It seems like smartphone is taking the number one place in their lives because it is the tool which they use in communicating with their friends and surf the internet.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree! I had a TV in my kids room and each had a tablet too. Once I realized how little quality time we spent together I removed the television and tabs completely. At first I felt like it might be more like a punishment for me lol, but a year later I feel like we are much closer. I have given them a bit more tech time, but they are very limited and spend less than one hour per day on their devices.

• 4 weeks later...

For me, technology is a wonderful way to connect with my family and friends, and not a problem in that area.  Since I am a senior lady, my children have all been grown for many years, and live in different parts of the United States than I live, and being able to keep in touch with our phones and iPads,  and connect on social media is a great advantage. 

Before iPhones came along, people were disconnected because of television, and ate together in front of the TV set, and barely engaged in conversation; so having smaller devices that are portable has simply continued what television started when it first became popular. 

While it is true that technology has bridged the gap between family and friends who live far away from one another, technology cannot always be to blame for the disconnect between household members. In other words, there should be rules established in the home concerning the use of electronic devices, time spent with one another, chores, physical activity, homework and the like.