adebeaussaert

Dealing with depression

adebeaussaert

Depression is the ugly secret I have carried with me my entire life. Learning different ways of dealing with it has helped me tremendously.  If you are suffering from depression just remember how much you have been through in your life and you have overcome it all. You are so much stronger than you realize. I have suffered with depression my whole life. I don't know why but I know that I will probably live with it for the rest of my life. Medications can take the edge off but there will always be an underlying feeling of sadness that can't really be explained. Just know you are not alone. Some of us know exactly what you are going through. We may have different struggles, but we feel the same kind of despair. Cry it out. Sometimes it's a good release. If you have suicidal feelings, please do not suffer alone. Call this number for help: National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

sam1

Exercise and yoga can also help in overcoming depression. You just need to stay strong and ensure that you spend time doing something that is of interest to you. Slowly but surely, it will be a thing of the past.

Zirkon Kalti

I used to suffer from depression when I was still studying in secondary school. I cried because I had said it out about some horrible things that have happened to me. I realize that worrying thoughts are linked to depression so my advice is that one should not be thinking too much.