For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What have you achieved this year?

TravelBug

The last month of the year is approaching and the past months have been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I keep thinking back on this year and everything that has happened. Besides all the heartache I've gone through, the best thing I've achieved this year is I fulfilled my dream of living in Brazil for 3 months. It has completely changed my perspective on life, friendships, love and myself.

What are some great things you have achieved this year?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, TravelBug said:

The last month of the year is approaching and the past months have been a whirlwind of emotions for me. I keep thinking back on this year and everything that has happened. Besides all the heartache I've gone through, the best thing I've achieved this year is I fulfilled my dream of living in Brazil for 3 months. It has completely changed my perspective on life, friendships, love and myself.

What are some great things you have achieved this year?

That's so awesome! Are you still in Brazil? What's it like there? I've never even been outside the United States! I would love to visit other countries someday. 

• Like 1

I made some goals for the year on New Year's Eve. I am proud to say that I have accomplished some of them!

I finally joined the Cat Writers' Association. I entered their communications contest for the first time. I won a MUSE Medallion (highest award) in the Lifestyle category. I was absolutely shocked! I feel quite honored to be among a group of fantastic authors who love and write about cats. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 3:35 AM, JewelsCat22 said:

That's so awesome! Are you still in Brazil? What's it like there? I've never even been outside the United States! I would love to visit other countries someday. 

I just got back from Brazil last week. I fell in love with the country (the city of São Paulo), the music, the people, the food. I really love it. It's a culture that I could fully relate to. The people are amazing, so kind. I've built up such a fantastic, full social life there. I definitely plan on moving there if anyhow possible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's fantastic, @JewelsCat22.  Way to go!  I follow a few cat blogs so I'm vaguely familiar with the Cat Writers' Association.  From what I've read, earning a MUSE medallion is quite an achievement.  If it's not too personal I'd love to know what topic you tackled.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:05 AM, SableC. said:

That's fantastic, @JewelsCat22.  Way to go!  I follow a few cat blogs so I'm vaguely familiar with the Cat Writers' Association.  From what I've read, earning a MUSE medallion is quite an achievement.  If it's not too personal I'd love to know what topic you tackled.

Yes, winning a MUSE is a real honor! I had to look at the program about 10 times and still didn't believe I'd won until a fellow CWA member messaged me congratulating me. I didn't expect to win one with my first and only entry into the contest. 

My article was on how to care for a cat when you are visually impaired. I have learned so much over the years and wanted to help other people with vision problems care for their kitties, too. It has lots of little tips in there that most people wouldn't think about. For example, Carmine and Tylan's collar bells are of two different tones, so if they shake their bell, I can tell who is who even if they aren't right by me where I can see them. 

• Like 2