For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My First Pet

Tori Loft

My first pet was a cat. It was a gift from my dad. Before then I had never liked cats and so I rejected the gift. But my dad assured me that  cats are nice and that he had one when he was young. I decided to give it a try and today I can't imagine a life without my cat. I named my cat Lee. Taking care of Lee gives me joy.

• 1 month later...

I’ll never forget my first pet. It was a puppy German shepherd, so I named him Shep. My mom would always keep him in the back yard. Well, one night there was a heavy rainstorm, but my mom still would not allow Shep to come indoors. The next morning I found Shep dead in the back yard. I was so devastated that to this day I refuse to allow my children to have a dog. I told them that once they have their own homes then they can get a dog, but for now they’ll have to settle for fish.

My first pet was actually my family dog. My father named him Skippy and I loved him.

He was always catching big rats and chickens who strayed into our house. He ate the chickens on the spot but for some unknown reason couldn't eat the rats.

So my brother would roast the rats — they were usually big — and serve Skippy. One could see that he enjoyed eating roasted rat meat.

Since we lived in a condominium, we weren't allowed to have big pets. My parents bought me 4 turtles because of my love for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. When the pets got too big, we released them back to their habitat. I'll never forget my 4 Ninja Turtles.

• 4 weeks later...

My first pet was a dog named Jacob. It was that time that the twilight series was on its peak. I was team Jacob over Edward and so I named it after him. He was a white shih tzu puppy full of energy. He lasted only for two months because we lost him around the house. It was sad because we think he got lost when he escaped our gate and someone must have taken him. Anyhow, having your first pet is one of the best moments you could have in life because of the joy they bring and the responsibilities that came with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on your little Lee! I am sure you will love and treat your cat well, like I do with my Sophie. She is a year old and meows at me (yells at me) when she wants to play. When she makes a mistake, like missing the ball or tripping on a stair, she won’t let me baby her. She pretends that she was supposed to do it that way. She’s so funny!

• 3 months later...

I was in the second grade when my family got our first dog. He was a German Shepard and Collie cross. My mother all us children were eating breakfast one morning when my father came home with the cutest puppy. He named the puppy Lobo. My father told us that he was driving along a rode by the Rio Grande River when he saw a man throw a burlap bag into the river and walk off. My dad stopped his car to see what in the bag. It was a litter of very young puppies. My father took the puppies to friend of his who was a veterinarian and chose to keep Lobo.  Lobo escaped a horrible situation and lived a good, long live with all 8 of us children to love him.