For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

New Years Resolutions

Kuuipo143

Most years I completely skip setting resolutions. I feel like making myself a better person and doing things to improve my health, finances, love etc. should be an all year long task.

This year I took a different approach and wrote down my goals and what it would take to get there. To have an actual plan gives me more clarity and I feel motivated.

My resolutions include growing my business and working on my fitness. What is everyone else's resolutions for 2020?

• 3 weeks later...

My resolutions are basically the same: work on my business and get in better shape. 

I know what you mean about writing your ideas down. I always used to think that New Year's Resolutions were kind of silly and self-indulgent, but now that I'm older I see that they can be quite useful. The emphasis is on the “can,” since most people just don't follow through because they set unrealistic goals, or they have no idea how they are going to see their idea through.

Like you said, the main thing is to write your goals down so that you can think about what concrete steps you need to take to make them a reality. I guess it's more about actually getting yourself to do something, not setting some bar for yourself that you absolutely must pass no matter what.

• 1 month later...

I made a resolution to become a better person. I didn't want to just be a better wife or a better friend, I wanted to become a better all around individual. So far, I feel like I'm on the right track. I've started writing again, which is something I said I would do for the last two years. I've lost 20 pounds and I'm putting more effort into making use of my English degree by looking for freelance work while continuing to work my full time job.