For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Social media versus real life

Garth Strummer

I was driving close to my suburban home last April. It was a beautiful spring day. Over on the sidewalk is a young man walking with his girlfriend and his dog. He has his face fixed on his phone. I want to pull over and yell, “Dude, it’s a lovely day, you’re out with your lady and your dog that love you and you have your face stuck on a screen looking at trivia. Life’s right in front of you and you’re missing it.”

So sad that one can miss life due to the fear of missing out what is happening on social media. The danger of social media is we can miss what is happening around us while we are immersed in the make believe world of social media. We take our partners for granted and then wonder when our relationships start to disintegrate. In this digital age it is now more imperative than ever to practice being present not just physically but emotionally and psychologically when we are around family, loved ones and friends. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The influence of social media on us is contagious. We love posting and getting likes, especially on Facebook. Once we receive likes, we think that we are accepted by someone, and our self-esteem boosts up. But this is not the case compared to real-life socializing. Real-life communication is better than social media. We can observe more verbal and non-verbal communication in real-life compared to social media, and it feels like it's more genuine. If you want to know what's best between the two, it's the real-life that's best.

• 2 weeks later...

Social media comes in two faces - the good and bad. It helps us communicate and bridge us to our loved ones, friends and new connections. It give us the opportunity to break barriers when we miss someone. But when people have started making it as an avenue to destroy somebody, that's where people have draw the line and true purpose of what the social media is for. I hope there are just grounds and mediums where certain regulations are imposed in order for people to use it with moderation. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 7:53 AM, Alixander Lawan said:

The influence of social media on us is contagious. We love posting and getting likes, especially on Facebook. Once we receive likes, we think that we are accepted by someone, and our self-esteem boosts up. But this is not the case compared to real-life socializing. Real-life communication is better than social media. We can observe more verbal and non-verbal communication in real-life compared to social media, and it feels like it's more genuine. If you want to know what's best between the two, it's the real-life that's best.

Real-life communication is a lot slower compared to communicating through social media, it is slower and a lot less information is exchanged in my opinion, in real-life there are distractions and just more nuances, but of course it's a lot more natural.