For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Valentines Day

turtleman

I don't usually do anything for Valentine's Day except buy my girlfriend a card.

Our anniversary is just a few days later and I do that up big, though. I mentioned this to a friend at work, and she said I was just cheap!

What do you think, is she right?

My girlfriend hasn't ever expressed any dissatisfaction. 

Okay, maybe I'm not in the best position to be advising you because I don't have a partner at the moment, but frankly, whatever you and your girlfriend are comfortable with, shouldn't be subjected to outside scrutiny.

The two of you are creating a new life together. Since your girl didn't complain about the matter, let it be.

• 3 weeks later...

I think what your girlfriend thinks is going to be more important than what anyone else thinks. What matters is that it's the thought that counts. If your girlfriend loves the card and she never expressed dissatisfaction, there is nothing to worry about. 

Valentine's day is the most romantic day of the year. Usually, people give flowers and chocolates to their loved ones to make them feel they are loved. When that day comes, I bought flowers and chocolates to give these to my love so that she will always think that she is loved for being supported by me.

• 2 weeks later...

My birthday is on Valentine's Day and my husband had the same concerns when we first met. He wondered if he had to buy two big gifts. I explained to him my birthday mattered more to me. A card or some flowers for Valentine's Day was fine. Ultimately, I think it's a decision that should be made between the two people in the relationship. Whatever works for them is what should be practiced. 

• 3 months later...

My honest opinion is that if two celebrations fall on the same day, then one gift is sufficient. If, however, they are separated by at least one day, they should be celebrated separately. Speaking personally, I proposed to my wife on St. Valentine's Day. In the example in the first post, I believe that sometimes our partners do not criticize us for the sake of being kind!