For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Hotels

Nickel

I love hotel stays. It doesn't matter if it's a low-budget place or if there isn't much to do right outside the lobby. As long as my room's in good shape and the staff is kind, I enjoy that extra reminder that I'm getting away for one night or longer. Plus, I don't have to clean anything! Do you have a go-to hotel you use when you're making travel plans?

• Like 1

I thought it was just me!  I love them too and housekeeping is one the reasons I prefer hotels to getting an Airbnb. I'm not loyal to a certain brand, so I join all the rewards' programs to make the most of my stay.  

• Like 1

Last fall, I stayed at an old hotel in a small Vermont town. The carpet was rundown and the outside could've used fresh paint, but the hotel fit the area in the best ways — historic, woodsy, and quiet. I got lobster from the deli across the street, and later that night I got just-popped popcorn from the main street's theater. I love being a short-term local during these stays.

• 1 month later...

I've stayed in numerous hotels, some great and some not so great. I love traveling! We go on mini vacations often, long weekends or even just for the weekend. 

We bought a Harley last summer (great decision). We now pack a bag (couple days worth of clothes), jump on and drive. A lot of times we just drive until we find a neat town and book a room. Other times we book ahead of time. 

I don't have a preference. I like them all. One thing I always do is tip the housekeeping staff.