For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Who Is More Important

MrAirForceGuy

Who to keep your significant happy? Then figure out who is more important... her/him or the outside friends. So many time while in relationships with someone special we get caught up with trying to please everyone on the outside of the relationship.  We worry about what our friends will think about us. You worry about losing that friend of the opposite sex that lowkey wants you and you don't believe it, but you S/O knows and sees it.  So my question to the world is "who is more important"? The person who want to spend the rest of your life with or the person you've know since your first day at work a year ago?

• 4 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, MrAirForceGuy said:

Who to keep your significant happy? Then figure out who is more important... her/him or the outside friends. So many time while in relationships with someone special we get caught up with trying to please everyone on the outside of the relationship.  We worry about what our friends will think about us. You worry about losing that friend of the opposite sex that lowkey wants you and you don't believe it, but you S/O knows and sees it.  So my question to the world is "who is more important"? The person who want to spend the rest of your life with or the person you've know since your first day at work a year ago?

Your spouse or significant other (SO) should always be more important than outside friends. Your SO is the person who will be with you for a lifetime if you two can maintain a passionate and happy relationship. They are the person who will give you support and care when you need it.

I’ve read that the rule of thumb is a couple should spend about 15 hours a week together in quality time, just the two of them. After that, it’s ok to spend time with your friends.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, bluemoon said:

Your spouse or significant other (SO) should always be more important than outside friends. Your SO is the person who will be with you for a lifetime if you two can maintain a passionate and happy relationship. They are the person who will give you support and care when you need it.

I’ve read that the rule of thumb is a couple should spend about 15 hours a week together in quality time, just the two of them. After that, it’s ok to spend time with your friends.

I agree that the SO should be more important. He/she is the one you're going to spend your entire life with, so it's only natural for you to be biased towards your partner. 

Although frankly, I'd like to believe that friendship is just as important as romance. If you can strike a reasonable balance between your SO and your friends, then you should! Proper communication can help a lot in these kinds of circumstances.

Oh, and if situations where you have to choose between your SO and friends keep happening, then maybe it's time to question: which one of these relationships is unhealthy? You're not supposed to choose between your SO and friends, after all. All humans deserve to have and keep both.