For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Staying Active During the Pandemic

JewelsCat22

How are you all staying active right now? Have your local gyms opened back up yet? 

I don't go out much, and I don't have a treadmill, so I try to walk a lot in my kitchen - back and forth I go about 100 times. I know it sounds silly, but I figure it is better than not doing anything. I hope to be able to get another treadmill someday. I really liked having one before. 

• 2 weeks later...

I gained five pounds since March. I'm trying to take extra trips up and down the stairs and substituting fruit for cookies and chips. I'm also going to do some weeding, which I dread but will be good for me — and especially the yard!

• 5 months later...

Well let me tell you what is working for me, nothing! I need to get my tail outside (yes, in the snow) and get walking the hills around me again. I did get a smart watch for Christmas so I am hoping that it will make me more accountable. 

In my defense, I had surgery and a long recovery with nothing but sitting around. That started this whole pandemic and I really haven't gotten much gumption to get moving again. 

Edited by knchatty

• 2 weeks later...

For me, staying active is pretty tough! 😅 I had a contract job that kept me active, but now that job is over and I'm back to figuring out ways to stay active. I've been calling my partner and going on a walk while we chat. But that only works when we are both free to call. I've also found that adding simple exercises to my daily to-do list is keeping me active. Right now, I'm doing ten push-ups every day, but I'm hoping to add more soon! 🙂

I have been trying to stay active, but my job makes it a little difficult to be active. I need to start getting back into the physical shape I used to be in. Even though I don't tend to gain much weight, I still lose definition in my body tone. By next month, I hope to stick to a regular exercise routine.

Edited by Migi

• 8 months later...

I am fascinated by the interactive workout mirror and exercise bike. I'd probably get bored with them after the novelty wore off, but the infomercials and testimonials keep me intrigued. Has anyone here tried interactive exercise equipment?

• 1 month later...

On 1/8/2021 at 9:50 PM, MrWiggins said:

I have been trying to stay active, but my job makes it a little difficult to be active. I need to start getting back into the physical shape I used to be in. Even though I don't tend to gain much weight, I still lose definition in my body tone. By next month, I hope to stick to a regular exercise routine.

I've found that a step counter has kept me more active! If, at the end of the day, I haven't reached my step goal, I'll be sure to go on a short walk to help reach my goal. It's a small thing, but it has worked wonders for me!