For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Kayaking!

knchatty

I'm no spring chicken but I'm not over-the-hill yet either. I have decided to try a new hobby. I mean, I tried Zumba a few years back and I love it!

My new hobby is going to be kayaking. Most of my friends do it and they haven't drown, wrecked or thrown their backs out! 

So I'm doing all kinds of research and I've watched numerous YouTube videos. You know, how to get in, get out, get in if you fall out in the middle of the lake. I think I'm ready! Wish me luck, I go tomorrow for the first time. I'll be praying to the kayak water God tonight! Don't let me look like an idiot, oh and don't let me drown!

• 1 month later...

Hope you've been loving your kayaking adventures! I tried it eons ago in Seattle. A guide from where I rented the kayak helped me with the basics. It's so fun seeing everything from water level.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you been out yet, Knchatty?  I took a kayaking safety course that was helpful.  I learned how to self-rescue should I capsize and how to get back into the kayak while in the middle of a body of water.  That's when I quickly realized that for me, watching a video wasn't the same as actually doing it.  I needed hands-on instructions to get the hang of things.  Whether I'm skiing, rafting, or kayaking, I just love being out on the water!  It's a great way to relax.

Edited by SableC.

Yes I have been out, four times now. I started in a small lake with a big group of friends. I figured if I fell out that they would help me. I did not fall out! I did get soaked though. At first I rolled around in circles but quickly got the hang of it. The fourth time I went out (Friday afternoon) I went on a river. Wow, what a difference. I had to paddle less often but was a bit tipsy and tricky getting around rocks and logs. It was great fun though!