For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Trying new recipes

knchatty

Last night I tried a new recipe. I actually took two or three recipes and combined them. I made stuffed zucchini boats and they were delicious! 

I cut them in half and scooped out the middle. I then cooked turkey sausage, mushrooms, the middle of the zucchini, fresh garlic and marinara sauce. I tossed all of this back into the zucchini shell, topped with cheese and baked! It was delicious!

First time for us, but not last time. Anyone else try new recipes?

The zucchini boats sound awesome!

I tried this recipe, and all you need are these in a rice cooker: washed rice plus water for a single serving, a whole tomato, salt and pepper to taste, and a couple teaspoons of olive oil. If you want, you can add frozen vegetables and/or meat (I skip this step and have my sides separately). Hit the "on" button and when it's ready, wait a minute and then give it a quick stir. 

• 2 weeks later...

None of us cook here, but I tend to order the same few things at restaurants and grab the same ready-made meals at the grocery store. I have my favorites and I usually just stick with those. That sounds boring now that I think about it.  I need to branch out!  The eatery near work serves something that's similar to your zucchini boats and they are delicious!  I will order those again soon instead of my usual lasagna.  I love your idea of combining different food combinations to make something unique.  

I can't imagine not cooking Sable. May I ask why you don't? Is it a lack of interest or lack of time?

I have always cooked, I can remember cooking with my mom and grandmother. I taught my daughter to cook too. Once she became a tween she wanted to try new recipes. That is when I started to try different things. She's an adult now and can cook better than I could any day. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 7:06 PM, knchatty said:

I have always cooked, I can remember cooking with my mom and grandmother. 

That sort of thing never happened in my household.  Well, my parents boiled eggs once a year so we could dye them for Easter, but that was as fancy as it got.  The culinary arts just don't interest me either.  Raw meat is gross, I don't want to burn or cut myself, there's a huge mess to clean up afterward, and I usually don't like the way homemade food tastes.  Cooking just isn't my thing, I guess.  I still like the idea of trying new foods though.  I had the most amazing BBQ chicken pizza yesterday and it's all because your topic inspired me to try something unique. 

Well I am glad that you tried something new. The BBQ chicken pizza sounds delicious! That is where I am different then you, ordering new things. I tend to stick to the same items when I go out to eat. We went to Maine a few weeks ago and I wanted to try lobster (lobstah to them) but I chickened out. I'm in Ocean City, NJ this week and I am trying catfish tonight.