For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

No small talk allowed

BrownSugarWriter

You're at a networking party where the only rule is that no one is allowed to start a conversation with the typical icebreaker, "what do you do?". What is the one question you would ask to spark interesting conversation?

• 4 weeks later...

“If you could be anywhere but here, where would you be? Why?”

I feel that there’s often a lot you could talk about with this one, especially considering the motivation part.

You have the opportunity to learn about a persons priorities or dreams, whether they have a sense of humor, etc.

The way people answer a question, offers much insight into who they are, without directly asking.

I personally think that’s pretty neat, don’t you think?

• 3 months later...

"What is the one non-work related accomplishment that you're the most proud of?" 

This question would really get to the heart of who someone is outside of their career. I think that lots of people place their identity in their careers, and a question like this one would force someone to think about what they are proud of that doesn't directly tie into how they make their living. You might also find a shared hobby or interest in the process!