For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Anime vs manga vs live action

Jessi Tayylor

Most people would get off starting with watching anime before understanding that they are adaptations from the manga and live actions to-follow if a franchise hits the mark. Anime is mostly great, but nothing can be better than the manga. And as sad as it sounds, the live action would always come off as a disappointment. Better to drift away from live actions for our safety and stick with anime.

• 1 month later...

I prefer anime over manga. I do know how they get adapted from manga and light novels and it's just my personal preference. I do read manga from time to time and just not often like anime. 

Live action is different and I usually avoid them. The only exception for live action is 'Death note' for me and it's not that bad, when compared to other live action series. 

• 1 month later...

I have yet to see a live action anime movie that I was even remotely impressed with. It's just so hard to cram all the character interactions and development from a show into a movie that 's only a fraction of the show's runtime. 

As far as anime vs manga goes, I don't have a strong preference. I think that some stories are better as anime (Mushi-shi), some are better as manga (Attack On Titan) and some have both a strong anime and manga(Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Death Note). It also depends on how much time I am willing to spend on a series.