For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Ant Invasion

Nickel

What do you do when ants show up in your kitchen? I bought ant traps and set them on shelves and near the garbage can. I also put fresh citrus peels above the window and pantry. These are working so far, but just in case, I have a spray bottle ready with a mix of water, tea tree oil, and dish soap. Can you tell I can't stand those critters?

We had an ant invasion over the summer. Man it was hard to get rid of them. I used ant cups and bug spray. I didn't know about the tea tree oil mixture, does it work? What kind of ants are they? I had those big carpenter ones, they were sure a pain!

• 3 weeks later...

The carpenter ants do sound like royal pains! We just had the "normal" little ones that started showing up in August. They finally stopped visiting a couple of weeks ago. The tea tree oil spray helped. I would also recommend laying out traps at the same time, while spraying away from them so the traps can work their own magic.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of my apartments have been on the first floor, and ants always found their way to the bathroom and would hang around the cat kibble dish. I would just get the little ant traps and put them in the bathroom, and that always took care of the problem. I live on the third floor in my building now and have not had any issues.