For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Decorating for Christmas

knchatty

I have to be honest, I have already started to decorate. I have also been listening to Christmas music since November 1st. I went on a weekend shopping trip with friends last weekend and have another planned for next weekend. 

Yes, it's early but who doesn't need it with all the craziness of the world!

• Like 1

I hope you have a blast, knchatty!  It's never too early to celebrate the holidays. 

Unfortunately, both my sister and aunt caught COVID-19.  Since my aunt is divorced and my sister is single, they both moved in so I could care for them.  That means a lot of daily cleaning and sanitization, so I won't be decorating the inside of the house this year.  However, I figured it would be okay to do the yard and the outside of the house.  Well the school bus driver sent me a card saying that the kids liked our Thanksgiving Day decorations and that it was the highlight of the school run.  I thought that was sweet of him to send a card. It made my day!

My sister said she wants to put up her Christmas trees (she has two), but her husband says it's too early. LOL! 

I don't have a tree here. I used to have one but had to get rid of it. I know that Carmine would leave a tree alone because he never bothered it when I had one, but I'm 99% sure Tylan would either try to climb up it or bat the ornaments off. I'd like to find a small tree that I could put on my counter or something. That way, if he messes with it, it won't make such a big mess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could decorate my tree, or even have a tree up for Christmas. I have a cat who loves to destroy everything and it is impossible to have any kind of decoration at home :D

I have, however, started making a list of items for my Christmas shopping. I can't wait to get started on planning!

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, JewelsCat22 said:

My sister said she wants to put up her Christmas trees (she has two), but her husband says it's too early. LOL! 

But it's never too early for something cheerful! I have a friend who leaves her tree up and changes out the holiday decorations.  She does a Halloween theme, Thanksgiving theme, and so on.  It's a cute idea.  I'm going to decorate our pine tree the day after Thanksgiving.  I figure it's fair game then.  I just need to get some extension cords and rain guards. 

I'm loving this fun thread!  Mittens just lies underneath the tree, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard, but he makes it difficult to wrap presents and insists on helping.  Most of my gifts will inevitably have his fur stuck underneath the tape.  I just hide it with pretty bows.  Hmataame, I need to get on that too.  You are rocking it this year!