For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Socially Distant Holidays

Nickel

I've been watching reports of how US airports are noticeably busier than they've been since March. Will you be traveling this holiday season? I'm staying put, as much as I miss my cross-country family members.

• 2 weeks later...

No way!  I thought COVID-19 was no big deal, especially once my sister caught it and recovered with little fuss.  Then my sister took part in a health study and learned that her blood is clotting abnormally, which apparently happens to many victims.  She was perfectly healthy the month before, but now she's at risk for a stroke.  So I'm with you on staying put.  It's just not worth the risk!

It has been a long time since I have seen my family and I was planning on seeing them this Christmas, but these COVID-19 cases are steadily increasing. On top of that, my sister-in-law's father just passed away due to COVID and her brothers tested positive for the virus. So, I'm content with staying put this Christmas and making some holiday FaceTime calls to my family. I hope other people decide to remain in their homes as well.

I'm not traveling by airplane anytime soon (for holidays or vacation). Airports are a breeding ground for the virus. I am however going to celebrate with my children. We are all local to each other. I, like many others, cannot wait for a reliable vaccine. Something to end all this craziness, or at least slow the spread.

• 1 year later...

My mom's visiting for Christmas this year. She almost cancelled when news about Omicron came out. It seems like a mild variant, but we'll still take the usual precautions.

Have a nice and healthy holiday!

Things are better now but, yeah, I still believe it's better to be safe than sorry. We canceled many of our plans because of the new variant, so it's a bit of a bummer. I'm just thankful I'm staying with my family. Health is wealth; for now, other things can wait. Stay safe, everyone, and enjoy the holidays.