For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Christmas Shopping For An Adult

MrWiggins

I remember when my nephew was a kid; it was easy to do Christmas shopping for him. Now he is a grown man, and I want to get him a present, but I don't know what to get him that would be useful. I don't want to give him money and a card because it would seem like I didn't make an effort to get him a gift. Does anyone know what I could do?

Edited by MrWiggins

I'm having this issue right now with one of my nieces. I'm leaning towards getting her something classic to wear, like a simple, neutral hoodie. I'm also wondering if I should get her something she can consume that won't spoil too easily, like packs of tea from a brand she likes. In either case, I think I'll have to run these ideas by her parents. Good luck with your nephew!

• 8 months later...

I agree that it gets a lot harder to buy gifts for family as they get older. I require "want lists" from all of the people I buy gifts for. My older children always want some new kitchen gadget or tool. Would either of those items work for your nephew?

Most people become practical as they get older that it requires better consideration when buying them presents. It seems funny now because I would've been disappointed receiving socks before, but now it's something I will appreciate. Maybe you can use his hobbies when choosing a present for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Pokcare! I love getting socks for Christmas. I put them on my list every year. I also have a standing order for zip-up black sweatshirts. It is funny how our lists change as we age. This year I am asking for a new vacuum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/15/2021 at 8:16 AM, knchatty said:

I agree Pokcare! I love getting socks for Christmas. I put them on my list every . I have a standing order for zip-up black sweatshirts. It is funny how our lists change as we age. I am asking for a new vacuum.

Yeah. I'm starting to think I'll appreciate picture frames if I ever get one because pictures nowadays are all digital. The hard copy will always give a different vibe.

If you're on the practical side, even groceries could count as a Christmas gift! :D