For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Beach hotels and prices

knchatty

I have to say that I am totally discouraged right now. I am an avid beach lover and I have taken many beach vacations. I have spent the last two days looking for hotels on numerous beaches. I have used real estate companies, direct hotel websites, discount websites and vrbo. The prices right now are crazy high! I get that hotels need to make up for the lack of travel last year, but come on. Anyone else running into this?

Any luck on a beach-area rental? My only outside chance of getting a few nights near the ocean is seeing if a friend's second home happens to be available. I'm about to ask her, but I'm probably way too late. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! We found a great deal on a room right on the beach. We also booked a cheap flight to Florida for November and found another great condo on the beach. It took a lot of time and digging but I am finally finding deals. Thanks for asking!!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Goodness, prices are outrageous right now!  It seems like everyone wants to travel near and far, to make up for the past two years of pandemic misery, so prices have been jacked up. 

• 5 months later...

Did you spend time at the beach this summer? In July, I went out to California for a week and explored the beach area just south of Santa Cruz. If I can save up enough, I'd love to visit again!