For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Life-changing books

robbb

Hi all! What are some books that changed your life and that you think more people should read? I recently picked up The Book of Joy and I must say, it has significantly impacted how I view life and other people. I highly recommend it to everyone!

• 5 months later...

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin was a book that really impacted me. I was at a really low place for a while, and I picked up this book to read. Some of the practices in the book I still use now, and some of them I have forgotten. One of my favorite things deals with getting things done since I can be a procrastinator. Rubin talked about a one-minute rule that she implemented to see what type of impact it would have on her happiness. Basically, if a task could be completed in less than one minute, she would make herself go ahead and do it. This pair of shoes in the middle of the floor would take less than a minute to put away. This load of laundry would take less than a minute to start. This blanket would take less than a minute to fold. Doing lots of one minute tasks throughout the day helps keep life more organized. It is so simple and easy to do, which is why I found it so inspiring.