For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Working from Home

Pokcare

Most people are still working from home because the pandemic is far from over, especially with the new variant. Some companies are allowing employees to return to the workplace, but this is very limited. What are your thoughts on working from home? Some people prefer it; however, others find it unhealthy physically and mentally. 

I'm a workaholic, so I'll work anywhere if need be, but I perform the best when I'm in the office.  I've isolated myself three times after being exposed to the virus, so I worked from home during those periods.  I found it depressing and frustrating, but I'll always be thankful that I had the opportunity to continue working without using up my vacation or sick days.  We currently have the choice to stay at home or come into the office, though this could change in the future.  Our ventilation system has been redone at work to decrease the spread of COVID-19.  We also limit meeting times, and we keep the windows open when have them.  Most employees still wear masks. Those at home are included through Slack and Zoom.   That level of flexibility and understanding has increased my loyalty to the company.  Some other employers have been terrible during the pandemic!  Although I don't prefer to work from home, a good employer should keep that option open for now. 

On 8/19/2021 at 3:42 AM, SableC. said:

We currently have the choice to stay at home or come into the office, though this could change in the future.  Our ventilation system has been redone at work to decrease the spread of COVID-19.  We also limit meeting times, and we keep the windows open when have them.  Most employees still wear masks. Those at home are included through Slack and Zoom.   That level of flexibility and understanding has increased my loyalty to the company.  Some other employers have been terrible during the pandemic!  Although I don't prefer to work from home, a good employer should keep that option open for now. 

During these times, companies should be considerate with employees' preference of working environment. Others are just more worried than their co-workers concerning the situation that they would be more comfortable working in their homes. On the other hand, some people would prefer to work in the office. Since working from home has its inconveniences, especially for people who have children. It's good to hear that your company is being flexible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If I had to choose, it would be full-time remote work. The time and location flexibility can't be beat. However, I do miss in-person work relationships. Talking to a coworker or boss about concerns or just something funny, face to face, can't be replicated on Zoom or Skype. Not yet.

• 9 months later...

Is anyone still working from home, or have you headed back to the office?  At my workplace, most of us are back in the office.  I'm glad to be back, but I know some people really thrived while working from home.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, SableC. said:

Is anyone still working from home, or have you headed back to the office?  At my workplace, most of us are back in the office.  I'm glad to be back, but I know some people really thrived while working from home.  

I'm 60% remote, 40% in person. I still somewhat prefer being remote. I like spending time in another building in another neighborhood – but it's nice not filling up my gas tank as much these days!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of companies seem to be taking the hybrid approach these days.  It's a good compromise.  That's a great point about the rising gas prices.  I wonder how it compares with the increase in electricity due to running the AC on full-blast while working remotely.  It is just so darn hot these days.  I'm glad that you've found a schedule that works for you, Nickel!  

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I would rather pay a higher-than-usual electric bill than go through the financial whiplash that comes with the ebbs and flows of gas prices. 

I'm a hybrid worker these days because of two different jobs, and it suits me well right now.